To whet the appetitie in anticipation of our upcoming Pizza Pizza Pizza Cooking & Food Experience (click here for more details) enjoy our ‘5 days of Pizza’ blog series.
On the fith day of Pizza, Back 2 Basics Traditions takes
One chilli & fennel pork sausage
Adds artichoke, eggplant & bacon
Plus a handful of black Kalamata olives
To create ‘The Calabrese’ Pizza.
Coffee or Pizza?
Bacon or Pizza?
Sleep or Pizza?
If you answered Pizza to the above questions, then you would not be surprised that Food & Wine reported that 83% of people would be willing to give up something in exchange for a year of free pizza on demand!
We can’t give you free pizza on demand but we can show you how to easily make superb pizza dough at our next Pizza Cooking & Food Experience and provide you with simple techniques and ideas for delicious pizza toppings – like this ‘The Calabrese’ Pizza with chilli and fennel sausage, eggplant, artichokes, olives and bacon.
And if you were wondering, 36% said they would give up bacon, 25% an hour of sleep and an astounding 33% would swap coffee for a Pizza.
Join us and be part of the 1% who enjoys bacon on their pizza, washes it down with an espresso and then has an Italian “Siesta”!
- Prepare eggplant – slice, place under salt and then grill or parboil.
- Slice artichoke and marinate with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, sea salt and oregano.
- In a bowl, mix thick tomato passata with a small drizzle of garlic infused extra virgin olive oil (use minced garlic if not available), salt and oregano.
- Shape pizza dough into a circle, or desired shape and place on a greased baking sheet or pizza pan. The pizza dough should be very thin.
- Spread a very thin layer of passata over the dough.
- Add a layer of sliced eggplant, olives and artichokes.
- Place in a very hot oven and cook until the centre of the base is golden brown.
Have any questions or feedback. Let us know in the comment section below.
Please remember to sign up to our ‘Be A Cook, Not A Chef’ newsletter to receive our latest recipes, tours and cooking experience details, product updates and member only specials. Simply use the sign-up form below the comments section.