What do you do on a boiling hot day when the Goolwa Citaslow Farmers Market gets cancelled??
Go cockling of course!!!
Linginue alle Vongole e Rucola (Linguine with Vongole and Rocket) is our favourite way to enjoy fresh vongole. We look forward to it every year.
- 1 kg x Vongole (see first steps for cleaning fresh vongole)
- 400g Linguine
- 2 bunches (2-3 large handfuls) fresh rocket
- 4 ripe Roma tomatoes or 12 cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 chillies, finely chopped
- Back 2 Basics Traditions Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Place fresh vongole in a container and fill with salted water.
- Each day drain and wash vongole and re-fill with salted water. Repeat for 3-4 days.
- Fill a large pot of water to the boil. Add rock salt and linguine and cook until al-dente.
- Add chopped garlic, chilli to a large deep dish frypan and fry until golden brown with a generous amount of olive oil.
- Add chopped tomatoes and fry for a few minutes until started to break down.
- Add vongole and cover tightly with lid.
- Cook over high heat until all vongole are opened. Discard any vongole that do not open.
- Add coarsely chopped rocket and mix well.
- When pasta is cooked, drain and stir in vongole sauce.
Have any questions or feedback. Let us know in the comment section below.
Please remember to sign up to our ‘Be A Cook, Not A Chef’ newsletter to receive our latest recipes, tours and cooking experience details, product updates and member only specials. Simply use the sign-up form below the comments section.