Back 2 Basics Traditions ‘Traditions Italian Tomato Passata’ Cooking & Food Experience.
17th March 2018
1:30pm – 7:00pm
Located at: GD Wholesale – Suffolk Road, Hawthorndene
We refer to it as ‘Tomato Sauce’, but it is not to be confused with the sweet tomato sauce used on the humble meat pie in Australia.
Making authentic Tomato Sauce requires nothing more than fully ripe and juicy in-season tomatoes. This is why tomato sauce is made late summer or early autumn when tomatoes are at their delicious peak. Nothing tastes as
good as freshly made tomato sauce – we know you will soon agree!
In this Cooking & Food Experience you will
- be welcomed with a glass of affogato
- learn how to make traditional egg pasta – rolling, drying, cutting and cooking
- learn how to make traditional italian Tomato Passata including the art of coring, mincing and bottling.
- test your senses with a blind infused oil tasting flight with local cheeses and Back 2 Basics Traditions products
- cook fresh pasta and tomato sauce
- enjoy the traditional shared table experience which will include Pasta Napolitana, fresh salads, and dessert
- sample local premium SA wines throughout the experience.
Also included is coffee, tea and biscotti.
Book for a group of 4 or more and receive a group discount – only $90 per person.
Introductions over affogato
How to make traditional egg pasta – Part 1
Time to get your hands dirty
Making Tomato Sauce – Part 1
Coring tomatoes and mincing
Blind infused oil tasting flight
Back 2 Basics Traditions product tasting
Wine pairing: The Black Chook Pinot Grigio 2016
Making Tomato Sauce – Part 2
Bottling & sealing
Cooking fresh sauce
How to make traditional egg pasta – Part 2
Rolling, cutting, drying & cooking
Additional Feast Preparations
Shared Table Experience
Fresh Summer Lettuce Salad
Tomato & Basil salad
Coffee/Tea & Biscotti
Wine pairing: Penny’s Hill ‘Malpas Road’ Merlot 2014