The provision of personal information is voluntary, but if it is not provided, it may affect the products, events and services offered by us.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information You Provide Us
The nature of our products, services and events, demand the collection of personal and sensitive information from you. For example, we collect information when you make a purchase, participate in any of our Services, subscribe to a newsletter or email list, participate in an event, survey, contest or promotion, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The information that we collect may include, but not be limited to:
- dates of birth;
- employer information, job titles;
- contact information, including email address, address, phone number and postal address;
- payment information (such as credit or debit card and billing address)
- demographic information such as postcodes;
- preference or interest data;
- other information relevant to the customisation of our products, services and events;
- information about your business or personal affairs;
- information about your cooking, health and wellness needs;
- other information relevant to client surveys and/or promotions; and
- any other information requested or otherwise required by us or provided by you.
We may contact you to voluntarily respond to questionnaires, surveys or market research to seek your opinion and feedback. Providing this information is optional to you.
You may be photographed or recorded at our events and these photographs or recordings may be used in our promotional materials, events or services. We do not have any control and accepts no responsibility for the protection and privacy of photographs or recordings made by others in attendance at our events.
Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect information about you when you access or use any of our products or Services, including:
- Online and print communications with us, the use of Internet cookies, the type of web browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, web request, access times, pages viewed, links clicked, pages visited before navigating to our Services and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
- We collect information about the mobile device you use to access our Services, including operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, hardware information, and usage information.
- We may obtain information from other sources and use this information with conjunction with information we collect.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect and use personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide information, products and Services to you;
- to develop and maintain our relationship with you and to communicate with you;
- to respond to your enquiries or to respond to your queries appropriately;
- to develop and improve our products, Services, events and online materials;
- to provide information to our network of industry professionals for the purposes of assisting you and managing your matter;
- to better understand your needs, enabling us to improve our products and Services;
- for internal record keeping;
- to circulate promotional emails and materials about our products, Services, events, special offers, information and/or sponsors which we think you may find interesting;
- to contact you for market research purposes;
- to inform you of promotional events;
- to subscribe to newsletters, advertisement mailings and fill out surveys;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with improved Services;
- direct marketing;
- to customise material provided (both online and in print) according to your interests; and
- carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We may contact you by a variety of measures including by telephone, email, sms or mail.
We are based in Australia and the information we collect is governed by Australian Federal legislation. By accessing or using our Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the Australia and other countries.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- for the purpose of providing information, products and services to members including to other event registrants, sponsors & exhibitors;
- to credit reporting agencies and to courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities where clients fail to pay for goods or services provided by us to them;
- to courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- to one or more vendors, consultants and other service providers who require access to such information to carry out work or perform services on our behalf;
- when you participate in our Services, certain information such as your name, photo, comments and other information you choose to provide may be displayed to others;
- if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect our or others rights, property and safety;
- in relation with or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of assets, financing or acquisition.
- to the relevant third party or parties, with our client’s consent, if the matter involves third parties; and
- to third parties, including agents, referral partners, contractors and sub-contractors for the purposes of providing information, products and services to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia.
By providing us with personal information, you consent to this disclosure. Where we disclose your personal information to third parties, we will request or otherwise seek to get comfortable that the third party follows the Australian Federal legislation regarding handling your personal information.
If there is a change to the structure or control of Back 2 Basics Traditions, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where we have sought to maintain confidentiality.
Our Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools with third party services (such as the Facebook “Share” feature). You use of these features allows you to share actions or information on our Services with other media (and vice versa), with your friends or the public (depending on the settings you set with the entity that provides the social sharing feature). For further details regarding the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
We may allow others to serve advertisements on our behalf across the Internet and to provide analytics services. These entities may use various technologies including cookies and web beacons to collect information about your use of the Services and other websites. Such information collected may include but not limited to, your IP address, page visits, web browser and links clicked. This information may be used by us and others to analyse data, determine content popularity, deliver and target advertising, deliver and target our Services and better understand your online activity.
We believe that it is very important to protect the privacy of children and encourages parents or guardians to spend time with their children to participate in and monitor their activities. The publisher does not intend to collect personal information from children, should we be aware that we have such information in our database it will promptly be deleted. We also ensure that all advertising, sponsorship and promotional activity is not targeted at those under the age of 13.
Please be aware that there may be links or content to sites and information that may contain mature content or that may be considered offensive to some. Please protect yourself as we are empowering you to take notice of all external content.
We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to protect it from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure, we employ suitable physical and electronic systems to safeguard and secure that information.
We do not accept any responsibility for any breach or damage to your own electronic systems from use of this or linked website. You are responsible to implement your own safeguards when accessing this website.
COOKIES & IP ADDRESSES
When communicating with our websites through a mail-in form or by subscribing to a newsletter, your IP is logged and cookies may be used. Our host also monitors traffic mainly for statistics and network security. A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic, log pages visited or customise content provided.
A cookie does not grant access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you provide to us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies by changing your browser settings. If you decline cookies it may prevent you from taking full advantage of our online sites.
We may also use other online systems and functionality to monitor the behaviour and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed for us to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us via the contact details below or by logging into your online account (if applicable).
You may request that we delete or deactivate your account or certain personal information via our contact email below, but note that some information you provide through our Services may continue to be accessible (such as your comments on the Services) and that we may continue to store information about you as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). A small administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. If you would like a copy of the information which we hold about you, please contact us via contact details below. We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
If you believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us via contact details below. We will respond to any request within a reasonable time and correct any inconsistencies so that the information is accurate, up to date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
To unsubscribe from our e-mail database, or opt out of communications, please contact us via contact details below or use the unsubscribe link included at the bottom of all our email communications.
We reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to accept or reject any current member or any membership application for any reason, or for no reason, whatsoever.
If you believe that we have breached Australian Federal legislation and wish to make a complaint about that breach then please email us setting out details of the breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and will endeavour to respond to you in writing setting out the outcome of our investigation, what steps we propose to take to remedy the breach and any other action we will take to deal with your complaint.
To contact our Privacy Officer, please contact us at:
Back 2 Basics Traditions
Last update: 25 May 2018