We received a message from one our readers Audrey…
Your recipes just look easy & yummy. I am looking for easy and great stuff for when I go travelling around Australia in our camper… got any ideas?
This got us thinking. Most of the delicious meals that we were taught and eat daily are super simple and easy to prepare – like this Spinach Frittata.
We have become so acustomed to them we forget that not everyone has experienced their deliciousness. So we decided to create a “No Fuss Meal Series” for you to enjoy at home or on the road.
The great thing about many of these recipes is that not only can they can be made using the freshest in-season produce, but they also come up a treat with fresh produce that has been stored/preserved for future use.
- 6 x large eggs, whole, free-range
- 250g spinach – large leaf (fresh or frozen) or baby spinach (see method for differences in preparation)
- 2 rashes bacon
- 1 x brown onion, chopped
- Parmesan Cheese, 1/4 cup
- Coconut Flour, 2 tablespoons
- Fresh Mozzarella, shaved (optional)
- Strong hard cheese, shaved (optional)
- Full cream milk or milk alternative (e.g. almond milk), 1/2 cup
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Sweet Paprika
- Prepare spinach. If using frozen spinach, remove from freezer and allow to defrost (spinach does not need to be fully defrosted to user). If using fresh large leaf spinach boil and allow to drain.
- Add chopped onions to a pan with olive oil and fry over medium heat
- Add chopped bacon to onions and continue to cook until slightly browned.
- Add spinach to pan. Cook until fully defrosted and/or excess water has dried. Remove from heat and allow to cool. If using baby spinach remove pan from heat once slightly wilted.
- Heat oven to 165 degrees C.
- Grease a large oven proof bowl with olive oil.
- Break 6 eggs into a bowl and beat.
- Add 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese and grate in a generous amount of a favourite cheese (optional). We prefer to grate in a harder style cheese with a stronger flavour like a Pecorino or a Cheddar.
- Add milk, salt and pepper and mix with a fork.
- Add 2 tablespoons of coconut flour and mix well until combined.
- Add spinach, onion and bacon mix to the egg mixture and combine well. Wait if still hot as this will cause the eggs to cook.
- Pour mixture into bowl.
- Grate a small amount of cheese on top (Mozzarella works very well) and sprinkle with sweet Paprika.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until frittata has set.
Have any questions or feedback. Let us know in the comment section below.
Please remember to sign up to our ‘Be A Cook, Not A Chef’ newsletter to receive our latest recipes, tours and cooking experience details, product updates and member only specials. Simply use the sign-up form below the comments section.