To whet the appetitie in anticipation of our upcoming Pizza Pizza Pizza Cooking & Food Experience (click here for more details) enjoy our ‘5 days of Pizza’ blog series.
On the second day of Pizza, Back 2 Basics Traditions takes
A few slices of grilled chicken
A bunch of fresh asparagus
And adds a drizzle of Vino Cotto
To create a delicious Chicken & Asparagus Pizza.
Its nearly dinner time. You’re officially hungry… You’ve decided on pizza. But what do you put on it?
Fortunately, there are plenty of delicious combinations that you can create with just a few simple ingredients… like this Chicken & Asparagus Pizza, made with grilled chicken thigh, sliced parboiled asparagus, mushrooms and a drizzle of Vino Cotto.
And once you make it, great things will happen…
You’ll have more people asking to come over to enjoy your cooking.
You’ll have the family waiting at the table for dinner to be served.
And you’ll have the kid’s eating more veggies.
- Parboil asparagus, half and cut lengthways
- In a bowl, mix thick tomato passata with a small drizzle of Garlic Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil (use minced garlic if not available), salt and oregano.
- Slice roasted chicken thigh into thin slices.
- Shape pizza dough into a circle, or desired shape and place on a greased baking sheet or pizza pan. The pizza dough should be very thin.
- Spread a very thin layer of passata over the dough.
- Add a handful of mozzarella and the sliced mushrooms.
- Add asparagus and chicken slices.
- Drizzle with generous amount of Vino Cotto.
- Top with another handful of mozzarella.
- Place in a very hot oven and cook until the centre of the base is golden brown.
Have any questions or feedback. Let us know in the comment section below.
Please remember to sign up to our ‘Be A Cook, Not A Chef’ newsletter to receive our latest recipes, tours and cooking experience details, product updates and member only specials. Simply use the sign-up form below the comments section.